Romantic European - end Paris, Classic Group, 2021
Romantic European – End Paris, Classic Group, 2021
One of our Travel Director’s favourite itineraries, this journey is full of charm and splendour. With two nights spent in most cities, take the time to get to know each destination and uncover its secrets, whether it is mouth-watering Sachertorte over coffee in Vienna or delicious homemade pasta in Orvieto. Along the way you’ll be welcomed by passionate locals who love showing you the best Europe has to offer.
- Venice: Sip cocktails alongside the canals at Cafe Florian, while being serenaded by an ensemble of talented musicians and soak up the calming atmosphere long after the day-trippers have returned to their mainland hotels.
- Amsterdam: Toast to the travels ahead during your Welcome Dinner of modern European cuisine at Humphrey’s Restaurant, a trendy eatery located in the heart of the city and surrounded by 17th century homes.
- Tuscany: Enjoy a tasting of locally made wines and sample delicious Tuscan snacks in the underground cellar of Machiavelli’s home. While here you will visit the Italian gardens and be privy to a private opening of the office where he wrote ‘The Prince.’
- Budapest: Enjoy a scenic dinner cruise and take in the city’s night time beauty as you float along the Danube.
- Venice: Enjoy a special Venetian Celebration Dinner with wine at La Fenice, situated in the heart of this historic city.
- Lucerne: Choose from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening and hand-pick your preferred ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Paris: Rendezvous with your friends at a typical French bistro for a rousing Celebration Dinner with wine. Bon Appetit!
- Dining Summary: 18 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Prague : Choose to join a Local Expert to explore the courtyards of the Prague Castle and to visit the imposing St Vitus Cathedral. Alternatively, stroll through the Jewish Quarter with your Local Expert to hear how the Jewish community has shaped the history of Prague, and taste Trdelník, a traditional Czech pastry.
- Vienna: Choose between a visit to a traditional coffeehouse to enjoy Viennese specialities of coffee and Sachertorte or alternatively, listen to the musical masterpiece of Mozart, as you take to the floor in a Viennese Waltz dance lesson.
- Stanserhorn: Choose between a walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see native animals or alternatively, join a Swiss ranger to learn about local fauna and flora.
- Paris: Choose between shopping in quaint boutiques like a true Parisian with your Local Expert or alternatively, join an avid foodie to explore small shops and sample local treats and delicacies.
- Tuscany: Meet your Local Expert for a guided visit through the house of the Italian Renaissance diplomat and writer, Niccolo Machiavelli, with a special opening of his private office where he wrote ‘The Prince.’
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Make Travel Matter
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, enjoy the scenery as you drive along the Romantic Road and later pass the areas of the Rhine Valley, Bohemia, Carinthian Lake District, Tuscany, Umbria, Chianti Hills, Swiss Alps, Italian Lake District and Burgundy.
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train as you journey from London to Europe via the revolutionary Channel Tunnel.
- Würzburg: Stand on the statue-lined Alte Mainbrucke and see the Marienburg fortress.
- Amsterdam: Cruise along the old waterways, discovering the architectural gems of the old city, including mansions dating from the Golden Age of the 17th Century.
- Wurzburg: Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Würzburg Residence with a Local Expert.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Explore Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the most well-preserved town on the Romantic Road.
- Budapest: Stroll through the alleys of the Old Town of Buda and admire sweeping views from the Fisherman’s Bastion with a Local Expert. Drive along the beautiful Andrassy Avenue to Heroes’ Square. Stand atop Gellert Hill where the colossal Liberty Statue stands in front of the Citadella watching over the city. Marvel at extensive panoramic views as you look out over the famous river dividing Buda and Pest – the two sides linked by the mighty Chain Bridge and the newer, elegant Elizabeth Bridge.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
- Orvieto: During your orientation of this Umbrian hilltop town with your Travel Director, visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the cathedral.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a gold and leather-work demonstration.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church…
Welcome to London.
London to Amsterdam.
Rhine Valley to Würzburg
Rothenburg and Golden Prague
Prague, City of a Hundred Spires
Through Bohemia to Budapest
The flavours of Budapest
Vienna and the Habsburgs
Lake Wörthersee to Venice
The Magic of 'La Serenissima'
Villa Machiavelli and Rome
Papal and Imperial Rome
Orvieto and on to Florence
Across the Alps to Lucerne
Lucerne and Mt. Stanserhorn
Sights and delights of Paris
The food and flavours of Paris
Au Revoir Paris